We value the trust you place in us. We know that customers expect privacy and confidentiality in all dealings with Citizens National Bank, and we pledge that we will take the steps necessary to protect the privacy of information shared with us.
You have the right to know the privacy policies and practices of the financial institution with whom you deal in respect to information sharing with both affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties. This notice describes the privacy policies and practices of Citizens National Bank.
We will use certain terms in this notice that are defined as the following:
We, our and us. This will always mean Citizens National Bank.
You and your. This means our customers with whom we have a continuing relationship through one or more accounts, and also consumers who may use a service we provide (such as an ATM) without any real account relationship, or someone who may have applied for a loan but was declined.
Publicly Available Information. Information that is lawfully available to the general public from official public records (such as real estate records or securities filings), information from widely distributed media (such as telephone books, television, radio, or newspaper) or information that is required to be disclosed to the general public by Federal, State, or Local law (such as securities filings).
Nonpublic personal information. Personally identifiable financial information that is not available from public sources (as described above).
Affiliate. Any company under common control with another company.
Nonaffiliated third party. Any person(s) or corporate entity that is not an affiliate or is not a joint employee of a financial institution or third party.
Consumer Reporting Agency. A person or business which makes a practice of collecting and evaluating consumer credit information for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties.
What types of non-public information do we collect about you?
We collect and retain data from individual customers including information we receive from you on applications and other forms and information about your transactions with us, our affiliates and other parties. We also collect nonpublic information about you from information we may receive from a consumer reporting agency.
What type of information we may disclose about you?
We will not disclose personal nonpublic information about customers or former customers to third parties except as permitted by law.
We will not reveal specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data to affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except as follows:
We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or companies with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement:
- when the information is required to complete a transaction that you initiate;
- when you request it;
- when disclosure is required by law (e.g. subpoena, investigation of fraud, etc.); or
- to companies that act on our behalf to market our services, or companies with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement.
Business Relationships with Third Parties
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets or income. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balances, payment history, and credit card usage; and
- Information that we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
We agree that we will not share information with third parties who do not adhere to similar privacy principles and practices as ours.
What is our policy relating to former customers?
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
Information Security and Accuracy
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal requirements to guard your nonpublic personal information. Procedures exist to ensure that customer financial information is accurate, current, and complete. Our staff responds to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Joint Marketing/Service Providers
We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. For example, the Bank has entered into joint marketing agreements for the solicitation and sale of various types of insurance that we feel may be beneficial to our customers.
Generally, we limit the information released under a joint marketing agreement to that information which is necessary to effect the transaction which the customer has requested or to that information which the Bank has, based upon information on transactions or experience.
Our partners that assist us in joint marketing and other service providers are not permitted to use our customer information for purposes other than for the service intended. We will share this information with these partners only if they agree to treat it confidentially.
Under no circumstances do we provide account or personal information to nonaffiliated companies for the purposes of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing.
How you can help protect your privacy?
You can help to protect your privacy by taking the following steps:
- Do not share your account information, passwords, PIN, or other code or access words with others.
- Do not provide confidential information by telephone to unknown callers or online unless you initiate the contact, know the party with whom you are dealing, and provide the information through a secure channel.
- When conducting business over the Internet, always use a secure browser and exit the online application as soon as you finish using it.
- Protect your account and billings records.
Identity Theft Assistance
If you believe you may be a victim of identity theft:
Please address any questions regarding this notice to our Compliance Officer at the following address:
- Contact us immediately at 757-242-4422 to place holds on your accounts.
- Contact the Social Security Administration’s Fraud Hotline at 1-800-269-0271 to report fraudulent use of your identification information.
- Report the incident as quickly as possible to the major credit reporting agencies:
Experian (888) 397-3742
Equifax (800) 525-6285
Trans Union (800) 680-7289
- File a police report in your local jurisdiction and retain the report number and name of investigating officer.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by contacting the FTC Identity Theft Hotline – (877) IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338).
Citizens National Bank
P.O. Box 100
Windsor, VA 23487